Top 10 Class "Rules"
1. Please try to COME TO CLASS ON TIME. It disturbs the class flow when latecomers arrive, and it's hard for the latecomer to get oriented.
2. Please PARTICIPATE in the class activities. You are a very powerful role model for your child. Your participation in singing, moving and listening cues your child that it is safe, enjoyable and important. It's your enthusiasm (not your "musical competence") that sustains the energy and focus of the class!
3. Please DON'T CARRY ON CONVERSATIONS with other adults during the class, particularly when we are singing, involved in dramatic play, or listening. I count on your voices to sing and support, and talking distracts the dramatic play and listening. Your focus and attention on class activities model attitudes of respect and enjoyment of music.
4. Please respect this special time with your child and LEAVE YOUR CELL PHONE BEHIND, except under unusual circumstances.
5. Please LET ME KNOW IN ADVANCE IF YOU WANT TO BRING EXTRA FAMILY MEMBERS to participate or observe class. While visitors are welcome, it can get to be overwhelming if there are too many visitors at one time.
6. Thank you for TELLING YOUR FRIENDS about our classes. Please feel free to arrange a time for them to visit a class with you.
7. Thank you for KEEPING INDIVIDUAL BOTTLES, SNACKS AND TOYS OUT OF THE CLASS AREA, since children are sometimes irretrievably distracted by the idea that food or toys are present but unavailable to them.
8. Thank you for KEEPING SICK CHILDREN AT HOME. I am sorry to have them miss class, but you know how illnesses can travel through groups of children. Always wash hands before attending class. Feel free to arrange to attend another class during the week as a make-up, if possible. Be sure to call first, in case there has been a change of schedule.
9. Thank you for COMMUNICATING WITH ME. I am always eager to hear how music is being expressed and enjoyed in the life of your family. Let me know if your child has a favorite song or activity, and I will try to work it into the flow of the class. Also feel free to let me know of any questions or concerns you might have.
10. Thank you for SHARING THIS MUSICAL ADVENTURE with me! Having fun and feeling successful without pressure is a great motivator to continue making music in the future!